Youth Worker Vacancy, SMPCA
St Mark’s Parish Community Association are seeking to appoint an experienced, full time youth worker who has:
- The Ability to engage relationally with young people within the church and the community, to understand their needs and to develop youth practice accordingly.
- A passion and enthusiasm for sharing the gospel with young people.
- The ability to teach and mentor others in their faith.
- A desire to build God’s kingdom with young people.
Salary 18,000- 22,000
To find out more information on our parish, please visit our website www.stmarks.org.ukor check out our Facebook page.
To download the Youth Worker Job Description and Person Specification
Please contact Amanda Simpson for an application pack.
Tel: 02838 362294
Closing date for Applicants: Monday 8thJuly 2019 @ 12 noon.
ST MARK’S CHURCH
Church Street Portadown
Part time Young Families Outreach Worker
Closing date for submission Thursday 27thJune @ 12Noon.
- Hours – 10 hours a week, (Term time)
- Rate £10/hour
- Answerable to the Rector
To find ways to engage with non-church families through
- One off community events
- Regular community events (organised by the successful applicant)
- Regular connection with Millington Primary School.
To research local community need, with a view to
- If resources and training became available to help young parents gain a qualification,
- Or support them in getting back to work.
To be able to run a kids Club
- As a means to engage the local community through children
- Always with the intention of trying to encourage young and old to come to personal faith in Jesus Christ.
To nurture folk who may want to take a step towards faith.
- Run regular or one-off exploring faith night/ Q & A, but must be easy to engage with and be fun.
- Run a small Alpha Group.
For an application from please contact
Mrs Amanda Simpson, Fergus Hall, Church St. Portadown
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: (028) 3836 2294